Hailing from Whanganui, New Zealand, Stephen combines a lifetime of creative problem-solving
with sharp technical skills and extensive NFP leadership.
Stephen's varied work experience includes:
- Five years as CEO of the national office of an international Charity;
- Six years as CEO of Whanganui
Community Foundation, transitioning it from being a postbox funder to
a funder strongly engaged with its community and supported by world-class tech;
- Creating a system that fetches Charities’ financial data from the NZ Charities Services database
so that grant applicants do not have to upload the info themselves when applying for grants;
- Administering the computer network in the Music Department of the University of Glasgow, Scotland;
- Being International Web Manager for a global charity;
- Writing technical documentation for clients including Yamaha Music, Onkyo and Brother, in Japan;
- Serving the Christian Church in the Czech Republic as a mission worker;
- Having a Masters’ Degree in Musical Composition;
- Working in multi-cultural, multi-lingual teams internationally, nationally and locally;
- … and much, much more.
Stephen’s clients and colleagues appreciate his ability to listen carefully, communicate effectively, coach
non-judgmentally, and to find unique solutions to intractible problems.
His current specialisation is configuration, systems design and automation of Grant-making processes using
If your funding organisation uses Fluxx and you need assistance with workflow, interoperability, form design,
usability or any aspect of administration, call or email for a complementary 30 minute consultation.